An extension of your skincare routine featuring skin-loving ingredients that will give your skin a boost of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants while diffusing imperfections and providing a flawless finish. Makeup packed with skincare actives… Yes please! Welcome to your new beauty obsession!
Now that we have your attention, how do you choose the perfect product and shade for you? Here we unpack the tips and tricks to determining the best Aspect Minerals product for you
Understanding your skin’s undertone
Have a look at your skin when you are fresh faced and think about whether it is golden/yellow toned or rosy/pink toned. In general, if you are more on the golden side you would be considered to have a warm undertone, rosy is more on the cool side and at times you may be a combination of the two, which can be considered neutral.
- For those on the cooler side or with a neutral tone we recommend selecting a neutral foundation shade.
- For warmer undertones we recommend selecting a warm shade of foundation.
- At times, a warmer shade can assist with countering redness in the skin. In this instance you may like to select a warm shade closest to your skin tone.
Finding the right shade
Finding the right foundation shade is as much about your lifestyle and other preferences as it is about your skin colour and undertone.
Things to consider when selecting the most suitable shade for you:
- Determining your skin’s undertone and your preference for a warmer shade or more neutral
- Is your preference to have an exact match to your skin colour or do you prefer to go up a shade to add colour, or down a shade for a little less colour?
- Will you be using the foundation while self-tanning? If so, consider which shade you would prefer – an exact match to your actual skin tone, or the shade that you are with self-tan applied
- Will you apply a light application of foundation for sheer to light coverage or do you prefer to customise your application for a more full coverage? Consider this when colour matching, as a more sheer application will likely be closer to your skin tone
- Where possible, test in natural lighting
Which product is for you?
We know you will want them all, but in case you are undecided, here are some tips for choosing Liquid, Powder or a combination of both.
Light to medium buildable coverage
Can be used to conceal
Loose mineral powder foundation
Sheer to medium buildable coverage
A more dewy finish can be achieved when applying directly after application of your Aspect moisturiser and/or Red-less 21)
Can be used to conceal
Medium to full buildable coverage
Satin demi-matte finish
Both powder and liquid can be used to conceal imperfections
It goes without saying that healthy looking, radiant skin starts with your skincare routine. As always, we recommend booking a consultation with your nearest Aspect Skincare stockist to ensure you have a customised home care and treatment program suitable for you.
In addition to your skincare routine, we also recommend that you utilise the Aspect Minerals Primer to increase makeup longevity and enhance the overall finish and the multi-tasking Kabuki Brush to ensure flawless makeup application.
So what are you waiting for? Get your hands on the full Aspect Minerals range today and say hello to a radiant, glowing complexion.
To locate your nearest clinic, click here.