Working Together for Sustainability
Maximising skin health. Minimising environmental impact.
Aspect Skincare is committed to taking real action in terms of sustainability and to reducing our impact when it comes to packaging and product lifecycle. We recognise that this is a lifetime journey and that any action we can take, great or small, makes a difference.
Our goal is to work with all Aspect Skincare stakeholders, from suppliers and clinics to consumers and Aspect team members, to make a change for the better.
Real world actions and results
Here are some of the real-life actions we’ve taken, and are continuing to take (more details follow below):
- Commitment to the Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO) – submission of FY21 and FY22 plans which are viewable online.
- Re-engineering cardboard packaging for our Aspect Professional Power Peel from 27gm to 15gm looks set to reduce our use of cardboard by 138kg per year.
- By transitioning our 220ml Illuminating Polish and Purastat 5 products to a bottle comprised of 25% Ocean Waste Plastic (OWP), we have helped to recover and utilise 497kg of discarded plastic from the ocean annually.
- In 2019 we transitioned from foam beads as void fill when dispatching to stockists, to recyclable paper products.
- Since 2020, we have replaced an annual use of 247kg worth of protective plastic netting around some products with recyclable board.
- All Aspect boxes use Forestry Stewardship Council certified board with vegetable-based inks instead of petroleum-based inks.
- Throughout 2021, Aspect has been undertaking a large-scale review of ALL it’s current packaging with a view to offering more sustainable options. Please stay tuned for some very significant announcements towards the middle of 2022.
- The Aspect product development process now includes steps to review APCO related sustainability criteria in all areas of production and selection of final product packaging.
We’re working hard to make a difference and welcome your ideas and thoughts.
For more information, please contact us.
Our commitment to APCO
In 2019 we became signatories to the Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO). APCO’s vision is a packaging value chain that collaborates to keep packaging materials out of landfill and retains the maximum value of the materials, energy and labour within the local economy.
APCO have set a wide range of packaging targets for 2025 that ask signatories to the agreement to commit to wide ranging objectives across all areas of their business. Our report and plan can be seen here.
We encourage you to talk with all brands in our industry to encourage them to commit to the same objectives.